Saturday, September 22, 2007

Too much

This was just over the top. Honey, one of my breeding girls in a guardian home, came today to spend a few days with us while her family is on vacation. Her mom is Josie and her dad is Da Vinci. She is so pretty, just perfect. She has a sweet disposition and I decided it would be great to take her with me to work today. My plan was to keep Velvet with me as usual and to have Honey and Avery play outside in the enclosed area so the residents could look out their windows and watch them romp and play and have a good time. I also wanted to introduce Honey to the place so maybe I could bring her with me sometimes instead of Velvet to give Velvet a break. Well, that all sounded like a great plan. What is the problem you ask? I'll tell you. Avery was small enough and kept squeezing outside of the fence. No way, I couldn't take the chance of him wondering away or getting hit by a car so I had to bring him inside. I left Velvet outside with Honey to keep her company. Avery didn't do too badly for a little puppy. He didn't stick with me like Velvet does thought. Ugh, before too long Velvet started barking to come inside. So I brought her in, but had to bring Honey inside too because I knew she would bark. So, there I was at work with three dogs with me. It was insane. They were insane. Honey was happy a lark, and looney as one too. She was running and bounding up and down the halls and had Avery and Velvet bouncing off the walls too. Good thing I was boss. But still, I would have fired myself if I coulda. During supper, Avery actually wondered into the kitchen. I don't think the kitchen girls thought he was cute like the residents did. Really though, he was only just inside the kitchen door and only for less than a minute. Shooey, I was so glad when this work day was over.

No comments: