Friday, January 30, 2009

Emma goes home

Today was Emma's go-home day. We got up at the bright early hour of 3:30. Somehow, and I'm not sure how, we cut it close and didn't get to the airport until 6. That was cutting it a little too close for my comfort, yet it was good not having to wait long. Going through security was a breeze. I do it everyday at work; but at work they also do a pat-down in addition to the metal detector and x-ray. Emma was a perfect little angel. She didn't make one single peep. The flight was only about half full and I had the row to myself. After we were up in the air I put Emma's bag on the seat next to me. I had my coat over the bag and put my hand in the bag so I could pet her. Since she was being so quiet I didn't want to take her out of the bag because I was afraid if I did, she might whine when I put her back in. When getting of the plane, the stewardess noticed Emma in the bag and acted surprised and said "oh, so quiet!" We had just enough time to run to the bathroom between flights. When we were in the bathroom I let Emma out of the bag. She squatted and peed on the floor. It was quick and easy to clean up and I was so glad she did that instead of going in the bag. We had a seatmate on the next flight so I kept Emma under the seat in front of me. Once again she was perfectly quiet. Nobody even noticed she was in there. I took Emma out of the bag when we got off the plane so her new mom would be able to spot us. It was easy to know who she was. It seemed to be love at first site between those two. We went over and sat down for awhile to talk and go over the usual picking-up-a-new-puppy stuff. We kept getting interupted by people coming over to see and ask about Emma. I love that, yet it was just beginnig to get a little frustrating.

Bye Pearl, have a good fun life.

No comments: