Friday, January 16, 2009

That's it...

That's it, I'm done, I can't take any more. Everytime a puppy leaves and goes to her new home she takes a piece of my heart with her. Everytime one dies he takes a chunk of my heart. Today Walle didn't recover from the Anesthesia from his neuter surgery. We went to the hospital to be with him. Michelle ended up staying a couple hours with him while I tended to the human kids. I went back up there to be with her and we ended up transferring him to a bigger, 24 hour pet hospital. Shortly after we got to the other hospital it was obvious he just wasn't going to make it. We had him put to sleep. That's it, I'm done. I just can't do this anymore. It is no longer enjoyable, and the heartache is too great. Out of around 200 puppies I've had early spay/neutered I've had no problems at all. Now with this first litter of Chihuahua's and poor Michelle's very first litter of puppies, one dies. She really didn't want to take them today. She just didn't feel comfortable with it. I assured her and reassured her and convinced her nothing would go wrong. When we were waiting at the clinic this morning to check the puppies in we saw a sign that they had done over 17,000 spay/neuters at that clinic. Well we found out this evening that out of those over 17,000, they have only had 9 dogs die. Now they've had 10. Although that is awsome statistics, we are very sad to have one of them be ours. This makes half of this litter we have lost.
Walle has crossed the Rainbow Bridge.

Let's recap Peanut Butter/Bradley's litter:
One pup died at birth.
Peanut got sick and had to spend a night in the hospital when the pups were 2 weeks old.
One pup had to be put to sleep due to water on the brain at 2 weeks old.
One pup didn't make it through his neuter surgery.

Dang...this has been a rough one. I hope Michelle doesn't want to do this again. I just can't take anymore. I am emotionally exhausted. I have nothing left to give.

No comments: