Monday, March 02, 2009

Harley and Bernie went to the vet today for a thorough check up and to get a health certificate for their flights home. Harley weighs 23 pounds and Bernie weighs 25 pounds. They are big boys. It is funny how they are so much bigger than the pups from Lacey and DaVinci's 2nd litter. It cost over $100! Man, I was not a happy camper. I surely do miss my old vet in Chesterfield. Today's trip was mainly for the health certificates for the flights. They didn't give shots or anything like that. I already gave them. My old vet charges $10 for the certificates, this one charged $25 each, plus over $25 each for the check up. Oh, well, it is her business and she can charge whatever she wants. It is so nice because We can walk to it instead of a long drive. She is also the one that diagnosed Peanut and didn't charge nearly what she could have for that one. I guess it all evens out.

I spent quite a bit of time on the phone trying to get their flights organized so I would have to make only 1 trip to the airport, they would have direct flights, and it would involve no driving through rush hour for the families picking them up. The most important is direct flights, the other would just be bonus. No such luck. They were not able to get direct flights. Oh, I also tried to get them out for tomorrow. That didn't work either. They are going home wednesday.

No comments: