Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The last Lincoln Manor Puppy goes home

This morning I got up bright and early before the dawn lights and took the puppies to the airport. We have a new airport that is farther away. The cargo is at the old one and I was happy knowing I wouldn't have to drive to the new one. Well, I was driving along listening to the radio and contemplating making a final diary entry when I found myself half way to the new airport. If I was a cursing kind of woman I would have said a curse word. There was no way of turning around and once I actually got to the new airport I still couldn't just turn around. I had to actually go all the way around the new airport and curve back to the highway and drive to the old one. I wanted to call the cargo area but didn't want to stop and take the time. I hurried...and made it. Of course they gave me a bit of a hard time and also almost didn't accept Harley's new crate. The puff of this head hair touched the top of the crate and they said he was a bit crowded. I was practically holding my breath, and they did accept him. Whew...bye bye Harley have a good life. He is going to a family with 3 children and the father is a youth pastor.
Now on to Bernie. Bernie is actually scheduled to come back at 3:00 pm today. I ran on over to another airline that accepts walk-ins and they were able to get him on a flight right away. It has a longer layover than I would like, but it is shorter total time than Harley's and is acceptable. Bye bye Bernie...have a good life. Oh man....that was the last puppy ever....that is truly sad. I'm sad. I almost cried. If I was a crying type of woman I would have cried. I wanted to go back and give Bernie extra hugs and pets and squeezes and let him lick my face, but I didn't.

No comments: