Saturday, February 09, 2008

New Neighbors

We still haven't fixed the gate, so I have to go outside with the girls when they go out. Yesterday morning I rolled out of bed, threw a robe on, and at the last second decided to put a long coat on, and took the dogs out. Dang, I need to remember I'm not out in the country anymore. I'm used to being able to go out in the back yard in my jammies and not worrying about anybody seeing me. I'm so glad I thought to put a long coat on. Just a few minutes after we were out there, the neighbor on one side went out with her dogs too. They have a beautiful chocolate Lab and a um...I foget what kind of mix the other was. The Lab came bounding up to the fence (It is about a 4 1/2 ft or so privacy fence). She stood up on her back legs and peered her nose and eyes over the top of the fence. Abby came up to her and did the same. Velvet wasnt' quite tall enough, so she was a kangadoodle in order to greet her new neighbor. Their other dog was on a leash was was just barking away. The neighbor said they want to play. There is another neighbor who brings his dogs over there to play and that is what their dogs want to do. This is going to be good. I told her that would be good for them to get together and play, just not at 8:00 saturday morning (thinking in my head...if I had brushed my teeth/hair and gotten dressed then I'd love to get them together now). I am excited though at having good neighbors. Just to clarify: all but one of my neighbors at my old house were terrific.

No comments: