Thursday, February 07, 2008

The Traffic Report

I live in the big city of Indianapolis now. I don't live near it, I live in it. We live on a busy street and we can't back out of our driveway during rush hour. The other evening I got stuck in the mud in the backyard trying to turn around. I wasn't just a little stuck...I was stuck in thar gooood. Michelle and I worked and worked at it. She even jacked it up and put something under the tires, to no avail. We gave up and waited until yesterday to try again. Her parents came over to help. So just imagine this...I was "driving", Michelle and her parents were in the front trying to push me back; I spun the tires flinging mud all over Michelle's parents, especially the mom. I wanted to die. Thank goodness they are good sports. Anyway...know what we used to finally get some traction? Kitty litter of course, the good clumping kind.

I really got sidetracked, I was going to talk about the traffic. Let's see, where was I? Oh yeah, old country roads vs over passes and 14 lane highways...shiver... So, anytime we go anyplace we have to face a bunch of traffic. I'm so not used to that. I'm used to living out surrounded by corn fields and maybe getting stuck behind a tractor or a truck loaded with bales of hay or something. I hate city driving. When I deliver pups to the airports I always try to get them on a 6:00a.m. flight just so I have to have them there by 4:00a.m. and beat all the Indy traffic. Well, bad news is there is no getting away from facing the traffic now. The good news is I think I'm getting used to it already. Yesterday as I was merging on to 465 from I70 I found myself reaching for my cell phone to call my mom. It was a habit for me to make phone calls when I would be driving out in the country with little/no other traffic. As soon as I realized what I was doing yesterday I put the phone down. I am also starting to pass people that are driving too slow. whooohooo I'm getting brave.

The doods are fine and having a great time. Everyday is a doodle romp for them.

No comments: