Monday, December 11, 2006

Holly's retirement party

Holly's official retirement party was today. She partied so hard that she couldn't even drive home and had to spend the night there. Do you know what the Lincoln Manor breeding dogs do for their retirement party? They get altered...spayed or neutered...fixed...the big snip snip. I was going to pick her up this afternoon so she wouldn't have to spend the night. I ended up having them keep her over night. I was afraid she wouldn't get enough rest if she came back here. She is such a sweet dog. It is hard to imagine she is the same dog we brought back from Oklahoma. She was so skittish at first. Her guardian family has done a terrific job turning her around. She is not at all skittish anymore. She comes up for affection and even bumps my elbow with her head while I'm typing. Today I put together a booklet for her family. It has her test reports, a little blurb about where she came from, and who and where all her kids are. She has 9 puppies, 3 are breeding dogs now. Meeko is her pup so that means she is going to be a granny next month. That is funny. Have I mentioned lately what a big girl Holly is? I had forgotten how tall she is. No wonder her kids are so big.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jane, where are you? What's happened since the 11th?!
Cyndi (Lucy's Mom)

Jane Holycross said...

Hi Cyndi and Lucy,
I've been busy in the kitchen making
Sweet Potato Chews.