Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Bad Mommy Award

Today was supposed to be my day off from work. After all, I had to work one whole day after being off only 3 days. They needed me to go in today to do rounds with the doctor. I thought it would only take maybe three hours. Man, I was there all day. I kept getting side tracked and helped with other stuff. I loved it, the day sure went by fast. But...(never begin a sentence with the word "but")...I lost track of time and totally forgot I promised Jill I'd pick her up right after school so she wouldn't have to go to after-school. At 3:00 the school called to say she was waiting for me. I wanted to crawl under a rock. I promised her I'd be there. She does love going to after school and will usually cry if she doesn't get to go, so I thought it was special that she wanted to come home early today...and then I wasn't even there.

Velvet went with me to work today. She spent much of the time sleeping by my feet while I worked on the charts. She is getting more bold though and is starting to wonder around going to see all the people who love her.

No comments: