Sunday, November 04, 2007

This is the second post for the day

This could also be titled "Another reason why I don't want to be in the ILA (or ALAA or whatever they are called today)".
This morning the breeders all got together for brunch. I sat at a table with about 7 or 8 others. One of them turned out to be ALAA's treasurer. (The ILA is now called the ALAA) He was saying he didn't know why the ALAA didn't pay for every body's brunch since they have about $30,000.00 just sitting there. I asked him what he was going to do about the us being overcharged by the ALAA for last's night's dinner and sessions. He didn't know what I was talking about. I told him but I don't think he believed me until I showed him on Helene's Blackberry. Even then he has to look it up on his. Oh, I supposed I should tell you what I'm talking about. Before the convention, we had to go to the ALAA website and prepay for the lunch, dinner, and sessions. Dinner was $30, the 3 dinner sessions were $10 each. That is $30 + $10 + $10 + $10 for a total of $65.00. Oh wait, that is not right...that is $60.00. The ALAA charged us $65 online. We couldn't change the amount. Anyway, after I finally convinced him, know what he...the treasurer of the ALAA...said about it? "Not my problem" (uh dude, you are the treasurer, yes it is your problem) He said he didn't have anything to do with what was on the website. He just took in the money. I tried to say "but you are the treasurer-" he cut me off and said he just takes in the money. Then he said he is not going to cut 100 $5 checks. I tried talking to him but he just cut me off and said "If five dollars is going to brake you, Jane..." and he started reaching for his wallet. He was visibly upset. This just really really bugs the crap out of me. No, it isn't the $5 that bugs me, it is how this was handled. I'm not the one who made the mistake. I am simply the customer who pointed it out, yet he was upset and rude with me. When he found out the customers (that is what we are to the ALAA) were overcharged, as the treasurer, that absolutely is his problem and if it means he has to cut checks for everybody, than that is what he needs to so. Guess he just doesn't want to be bothered. No wonder the ALAA has $30,000.00 sitting around. Thank you ALAA for reinforcing that I do not want to be a member. I took and extra T-shirt. The treasurer said they are $5. Now we are even. Now what about everybody else who was overcharged?

After brunch, Renee, Helene and I went back to our room(s) and packed up. We checked out then went to the Lazy River Man, I did not want to leave. Alas, the time did arrive that we had to leave and go back home.

This was yesterdayHolly, Helene, Me, Renee

Next year's convention will be in Texas. I am trying to get Helene and Renee to help me put something together for the spring. I'd love to have a convention that is not tied to one of the organizations, and have it be mostly hanging out.

No comments: