Saturday, November 03, 2007

More elbow rubbing

I am having so much fun. It is great meeting the other breeders in person. I spend so much time on the breeders forums and emailing back and forth with other breeders that I feel like I know many of these people already. We had a yummy lunch and some seminars this afternoon. Once again Helene and I skipped out early and waited for Renee to hurry and come back. Once she Finally got back (oops, we had the car and she ended up having to walk - sorry Renee), we went to the Lazy River. Renee wouldn't get in! Can you believe that? We have been talking about our fabulous Lazy River Experience for a year, and she wouldn't even get in today. At least Helene joined me. It was wonderful. The water was perfect, like bathtub temperature. I managed to avoid having to go under the waterfalls right up to the end. I lost my grip on side and got caught in the current and went right under the waterfall. I'm nearly sure I heard Holly (of Four Paws) behind me laughing at me. Speaking of Holly, she brought her kids! Can you believe that? What kind of mother is she bringing her kids to sunny Florida and taking them to Disney World and MGM and all those other places? For some strange reason she wasn't able to find any other breeders who would share an apartment with her. * Attention Bryony * in case you are reading this and wondering why that breeder brought her kids and I wouldn't bring you - Holly's kids work hard helping her. They actually do the following: scoop poop, feed the dogs, groom the dogs, take pictures as needed, mend fences, train the dogs, and do chore *without whining or coaxing* every single day.

It is so nice here. I think I'll just stay here. Why do I live in Indiana when there are nice warm-all-the-time places to live?

No comments: