Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Kendra's my new best friend!!

Look what I got today!!!

Introducing: Noble Vestal's Surprise Christmas Gift (Chrissy)
Isn't she so cute and cuddly and adorable? Yes of course she is. She is Velvet's granddaughter and I'm absolutely thrilled to have her. Remember Deni? She is Velvet's first puppy she had here, the litter with only one pup. Chrissy's parents are Deni and Koby (who also used to live here).

So what's going on? What is this all about? Well, I'm delighted to tell you all about it. First I need to confess, and I'm sure you never noticed this before, there has been a time or two *coff* or ten that I may have alluded to being not very happy with another breeder. Please notice I never have named or given any identifying information on who I've been peeved with (and there is more than one, by the way). I've written just enough that those involved knew who/what I was talking about. I've been very outspoken when I've been upset, now it is time to be very outspoken about being happy.

Way back many moons ago I gave Deni to Kendra. I was in over my head with the number of dogs I had in my home and was desperate for relief. Kendra just happened to come along just when I needed help the most. She had a genuine interest in the doods and asked really good questions. Deni might not win a beauty contest, but she has good genes behind her and has terrific test results. With lots of hard work, research, and networking, Kendra has built up a very success Australian Labradoodle breeding business with Deni as the foundation. Kendra's website I'm pretty proud of that. Anyway, as part of the deal I was supposed to get a puppy from one of Deni's litters. I had kept a female from the one litter of Deni's that I had. She ended up having a litter of 11, and I kept back one male and one female. When Kendra bred Deni, she used Koby as the stud. That is who I used with her too. Once when Kendra called me with a possible puppy to give me (it was definatly a puppy, the possiblity was I could have her), I declined saying I would not be able to use a Koby puppy in my program. I already had 2 Deni/Koby grandpups and didn't need another. I remember that conversation clear as a bell. She offered, I declined. We talked about it a couple more times, but I didn't need/want a Deni/Koby pup. Well then bad luck rolled around....I ended having to spay/neuter both of my pups from that line. The boy ended up with a less than ideal coat (the boys need to be to die for to use as studs), and the girl had only fair hips (I don't want to go down that road again). So....I lost the Deni line and was really upset about that. I was beating myself up over not having taken a pup, but I'm not a psychic so how could I have known? Although I never did get a pup, really Kendra did offer so what more was she supposed to have done? She offered, I said "no", and that could have been that. Contract completed. A month or two ago Kendra called to let me know the litter that Deni just had would be the last time she could give me a pup,and would I be interested in one? I tell you, I about jumped through the phone to kiss her. I was so excited to be able to get that line back. I think Kendra was a little bit surprised by my reaction, but she was very gracious. She offered and followed through. I got the puppy today.

For a brief recap: When Kendra offered a return pup in the past I flat out said "No, I have no use for a Deni/Koby puppy. I already have that." That did let her off the hook. She rose above that and continued to offer. When I did accept, she could have given me the last one, or the ugly one. She didn't. She went way above and beyond and gave the the pick of the litter. This puppy is perfect, the coat is perfect, the head is perfect, the temperament is to die for. This is definately a wonderful breeding quality Australian multigen Labradoodle puppy. I love this puppy.

I would like to publicly shout from the moutain tops my thanks to Kendra for giving me this wonderful puppy.

No comments: