Friday, December 14, 2007

Scary airport trip

That was one of the scariest airport trips I've ever had. This morning I took three pups to the airport so they could go home. Oh by the way, it has only taken me what...4 years now....to figure how to do the airport thing. I pick a day and time and let the families know when it is and I take the pups together for only one trip instead of seven separate trips. So anyway, I ended up staying up all night getting them ready. At 3:30 a.m. I fixed Jill up in a bed in the van, loaded the pups, and away we went. It didn't take too long until I started getting really tired. By the time I got to 465 (that is the main big bypass in Indianapolis with lots of merging and scary driving stuff that I hate)I had the radio on and was singing and talking to myself and trying all the tricks to stay awake. Several times I actually nodded off and snapped awake in a cold sweat. Man, that is scary. It is as bad as driving drunk. We made it to the airport safe, by the grace of God.
There was a family that showed up at the cargo department right after I did. They helped hold and play with the puppies while I was doing the paperwork. Two of the pups got to fly together in the same crate. They took the long way to New York...via Huston! At least they had each other for company. They didn't make one tiny peep when I put in the crate and left them. They are going to live right across the street from each other and will get to see and play with each other all the time. I love it when that happens. The other poor puppy though, I felt sorry for him being all alone. He is going to San Diego so I don't feel too terribly sorry for him. He has a bunch of kids anxiously awaiting his arrival.
By the time we were finished I was good and awake but afraid I'd get sleepy again. We went to the convenience store at the airport and I got one of those little bottles of 4 hour energy drinks. I drank that and lay (Mom-that doesn't look right. Is that the correct form of lay?) back and rested until I felt the effects kick in. The trip back was so much better. I was fine until the last 3 or so miles when I started getting really sleepy again. We did make it home in one piece. Now we just have Velvet, Chrissy, and the other Rosie pups at home.

*editors note* I'm going to work my way back on these late entries

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jane,

Thank you for posting this beautiful girl. I'm happy that my Christmas Gift to you made you as happy as it did me for giving her to you.

I'm blessed with a rewarding program because of Deni, I felt it important to give back.

Thank you for Deni.

Merry Christmas & may you enjoy your Surprise Christmas Gift.

Kendra NVL