Thursday, December 13, 2007

The trip to get Chrissy

Chrissy, my new resident puppy, was born in Canada. Her mom, Deni, is co-owned with a breeder up there and that is where she lives. The only flight to get her from there to Indianapolis would involve Chrissy to be in the crate for 16+ hours. Yuck, that is not acceptable. So, she had to fly in to Columbus, OH. I worked the night before 6:00 p.m. until 6:30 a.m. and had to work again that night. There was no possible way I could work, then drive 7 hours, then work again with a clear head. Face it, who wants to be taken care of by a nurse who hasn't slept in days? Sister Teri to the rescue. My sister drove to Columbus, picked up the paperwork, drove an hour to the customs office to have done whatever needed done, drove back to the airport and got Chrissy, then brought her back to me. What a wonderful sister I have. She said Chrissy did not make one little peep and was a perfect puppy. Of course she was, she is Velvet's grandpup. I am so excited to have her.

No comments: