Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Oh My Gosh What did I do?

Sorry, can you stand one more cat sob story from me?

So, yesterday when I got those two big 7 yr old cats from the local kill shelter I noticed these tiny baby kittens that looked like they weren't even 3 weeks old. I was so upset because they don't look old enough to be away from their mom and because they might not be able to keep the kennel crud at bay. However, they did have teeth, and just kept telling myself they would be adopted since they were so cute and tiny.

Last night I tossed and turned and lost sleep over worry about those babies. This afternoon I went to the pet supply store and got some baby cat food to take to them. I thought if nothing else I could go in each morning and feed them proper kitten food. I went but couldn't leave them there. They seemed a bit thinner and one had eye crud. They were flea infested too. They guy working there said they would not survive there and said I could just take them if I promise not to bring them back. What could I do?

They are so incredibly tiny ranging from 9 to 11 ounces. The vet says the general rule of thumb is kittens are 1 pound per month old. Smaller than a $$ bill

Velvet just can't resist a baby bum

She says "Ewww, that doesn't smell like any baby of mine"


Anybody want a cat?

No comments: