Thursday, January 04, 2007

You want poo? I'll give you poo!

I have never seen so many types of worms in my life. Tinkerbelle's puppies are so healthy and they have had perfect poos since they went on solid food. I've wormed them 3 times so far with no signs of worms. They got spayed/neutered Tuesday and spent the night at the vet's. They came home yesterday and have been pooping up a storm ever since. Their poos are getting a bit squishy and upon close inspection of one, I found a worm. What is that all about? I gave them all some Panacur earlier today...and now...I just cleaned up some poos with worms worms worms... tall worms, short worms, fat worms, skinny worms, even worms with chicken pox...
Well, o.k., so maybe that was a slight exaggeration. Maybe there were only a couple of worms; but really, one or 10, it is all gross and creepy. Don't know about you, but it makes me want to do a total body cleansing and detoxification with a parasitic wash (or whatever you call that). Please note this poo rant is at the request of my Laaaazy River rafting buddy in Ohio.

The puppies are doing really well. They are running around and wrestling,, when they are not busy pooing.
Tinkerbelle went home yesterday. Ashes didn't hesitate at all and is taking them over as if they were her own.She is a great big lovable pacifier.
Beau found something fun to do.
Missy and Kris.

The pups spent their first night in a crate last night. They did so well. They all stayed in the same crate and that really helped. I put them in the crate shortly before midnight. I put their crate up on the table beside the chair I slept in and stuck my fingers in the crate at first. They just whimpered a little bit at first. They were quiet until 4:00 a.m. when one started barking. I took them out and put them in the bathroom for them to do their business, then I put them back in the crate for 2 more hours until we were up for the day.

Mera came back this evening. She is here to have her puppies that are due the 8th. I checked her temp and it is 99.1. That means she could have her pups tomorrow. Righ now she is digging in my sleeping chair. Humf! She may think she is having her pups there, I don't think so.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhhh - Life has been restored! Back to normal. I can only enjoy my own poo stories when I get to read about your poo stories. You never want to be lonely in the poo world!