Sunday, August 26, 2007

AHHH, still no power and no computer

At 5:00 a.m. I woke up to complete silence. The generator was out. I couldn't get it fixed and had to end up just leaving it and going to work. Rick came over later and fixed it for me. sigh, I'm trying so hard not to be a helpless female.

The generator is a big help, but I still couldn't use the computer or phone. It is driving me crazy. I'm sneaking in on the computer here at work right now and I am going to get in trouble for it, but needed to somehow let people know. I have no email acess and no telephone. I was in negotiations with a couple of families for puppies but can't get in touch with them. That is what I get for putting all my numbers in my computer data base. I do have a cell phone, but I don't know what those people's numbers are. I was also emailing back and forth with my Lazy River Buddy trying to figure out how I can skip work and go again this year. Ack! They are all going to think I up and skipped town. Well, since I'm on the computer, I might get fired then I can go. Hmmm

Likely won't have power again until Tuesday. I'm gonna have to throw out everything in my fridge.

The power came back on late this afternoon. Yeah, we didn't have to wait until Tuesday. Now I can arrange the transportation for one of the puppies. He is going to be neighbors and best friends with his littermate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sooooo says your River Rafting Buddy - are we on for November??!!!

Got Power Yet? Any Food Left in the frig?

Jane Holycross said...

Yes yes yes!