Thursday, August 02, 2007

Yet another trip to the vet

We have been to the vet everyday so far this week. Today three more pups had surgery. Today I paid $1000 toward my bill and still owe another $950.

Jill and I took Velvet to work again this evening. We went a little earlier this evening so some of the people were still up but most of employees, except the nurses and aides of course, were gone. It was a little busier and she got to meet some of the residents. One of the nursing assistants sent us in a room to see a lady that had just gone to bed. I was really surprised at this request. This lady rarely comes out of her room, and spends most of the time in bed. She doesn't talk much. When we went to the room, the nurse aide asked if we could bring in a big dog to see her. She said "yes of course, please do", then she threw back the covers and sat right up without any help. Her whole face was smiling and she looked so happy. Now, I have seen this lady everyday for the past two months and I would not have recognized her had I not known that was her. She looked so happy and was moving so well. She started feeding Velvet some Goldfish Crackers.

This lady's roommate (who tends to be crabby and has a very colorful vocabulary) sleeps with a stuffed bear. She held up her bear and called out "isn't this the prettiest bear you've ever seen?". My Jill, my five year old daughter, went over to her and visited. The resident brightened up. Sigh, I'm so proud of my girls.

No comments: