Wednesday, August 22, 2007

AI for Rosie

Rosie's guardian mom dropped her off at the vet this morning. The poor guardian mom, this is a really busy-hectic week for them and having to deal with all this extra running around didn't help. They are such great sports though and I really appreciate it. Anyway, Rosie got to hang out at the vet until her special delivery arrived. The vet gave her a shot to induce ovulation and then inseminated her with Mar's stuff. I remember way back when, when we did this for Velvet. At that time I was under the impression Velvet was not too happy about not have the real thing; like she felt gypped or something. Rosie did not give me the impression of feeling that way today.

I was really nervous about bring Rosie back to my house today. Bear is still here. I was so afraid they would go crazy trying to get at each other. Not so. Well, not totally anyway. Bear wanted Rosie in a bad way. Rosie, on the other hand, was mildly interested but not overly so. She was only here for an hour or so before I took to her to a friend's house to spend a few days.

No comments: