Saturday, August 25, 2007

Exchange

This morning I tried to go in to work at 1:00 a.m. in order to be back home for the Rosie exchange at 10:00 a.m. I just could not drag myself out of the house quite early enough. It was closer to 1:30 before I got to work. That meant I wouldn't be able to get home until 10:00. I called my sister and she came down here to wait. Do you even have any idea what I'm talking about? No? I didn't think I explained it. Rosie's guardian family is super busy this week so she (Rosie) needed to stay with me for a few days. Since Bear is stiiilllll here Rosie couldn't stay here. There is an acquaintance of mine who is interested in breeding doodles but she would like some extra guidance. Rosie is going to have and raise her puppies at her house and I'm going to go over and do the stuff that needs to be done (de worming, shots, microchips, etc) and show her. So, Rosie stayed there the past few days to get to know them a little bit. She brought Rosie back here and then Rosie's guardian mom picked her up here.

We still don't have power. After work and after the Rosie exchange I broke down and bought a generator. I've been wanting one for years. We have frequent power outages in our neighborhood. At least once a year we are without power for more than a day. I bought a used one and was so proud of myself. I couldn't get it figured out and had to end up calling Rick to come and help me. He got it working in one pull (of course) and we got the 'fridge and freezer and a lamp plugged in.

No comments: