Thursday, October 25, 2007

Ah Ha!

I had an "Ah ha!" moment at 5:00 this morning when I was lying in bed not sleeping. For the last two nights Velvet has kept me awake. She does one single bark-woof about every 1 to 1 1/2 hours all during the night. When I got up to take her outside, she just would take a couple of steps and just look intently in the fields by our house. She doesn't seem to want anything, doesn't need to go out, has food and water, she just wants to go outside and look. Hmmm, the friskiness, the zoomies, the wanting to go out during the night...then it dawned on me....that is exactly the way she acted when she was in heat. It is that time of year for her too. She has gone through this for a few days about every six months even after getting spayed. This is bizarre.

No comments: