Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Poor Kingston, Poor Lacey

Lacey is in heat and hanging out here with us so she and DaVinci don't do it. Kingston is our little 11 pound fully grown and tested F1B stud boy. He hasn't had a job yet, so I figured "what the heck", and invited him over today. If he would get Lacey pregnant they would have all chocolate little puppies. It was kind of funny and sad at the same time, watching them. He comes up to about her knees. I think Lacey felt ripped-off. She acted a little excited but confused. She would dance around a little and sniff him, then look at me like "No way, what is this? Where is my man? I want a real stud, not some little toy". Kingston would make a little half-hearted attempt to do her knee, then dance around a little more. His guardian mom (who is my friend Connie) and I backed Lacey up to the coffee table which was just the right height for him to stand on to reach her. Then I made a little attempt to help them mate. I guess I didn't want this litter badly enough to do what it takes to ... um... help him as much as he needed. So we let them loose to play in the back yard for a bit, then Kingston and Connie left. No puppies for Lacey this time around.

Rosie went home this evening.

No comments: