Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Dave Thomas Celebrity Cook-Off

Guess who cooked our supper tonight? Jeff Burris, former Colts football player, and Ryan Thompson, former NY Yankee #33. Ooh laa laa, nice eye candy. I was invited to the Children's Bureau silent auction and celebrity cook off this evening. It was held at Benihana's, a Japanese restaurant with hibachi grills. I got Ryan's chef hat, apron, and name tag (all are autographed). It was so much fun. Anyway, what does this have to do with doodles? bunches. I donated a future pup to the auction. Since Jill is adopted, this charity is dear to our heart.

Three of my guardian families came to my rescue today. Thanks so much Aly, Liz, and Tiffany. I've known for weeks this event was coming up, but did I do anything about it? Noooo, of course not. I waited not a week before, not even a day before, but a mere hours before I had to be there to find doodles to take. Well, actually, I did try to find some puppies to take. The person I contacted never called me back and I just kept waiting hoping she would. I also had already made the arrangements to take Rosie since it was going to more than likely be one of her pups that would be donated. Now wait a minute, wait a minute. I need to stop and explain what I'm talking about. Dang, I've already written so much. Hang on while I erase it. There. I'll start a new paragraph and tell you what is going on.

So, The Children's Bureau has this annual fundraiser for their adoption program. Since Jill is adopted and this is very dear to my heart, I agreed to donate a pup...with stipulations. I would not bring a puppy to be auctioned off. The puppy is not to be a surprise gift for someone else. The high bidder is to fill out an application and be matched up with a future puppy to ensure getting the right puppy. The pups are not even born yet so that will give the high bidder plenty of time to prepare for a puppy. The bidder gets a choice of litters so the timing will be right for his/her family. Since Rosie and Francie are pregnant I wanted to take them to show people the moms. I also wanted to take Honey to show what a light color wool looks like. I also thought she might be the size of Rosie and Francie's pups as adults. Turns out she is just a little bigger than I thought. Still, she is awfully cute. Now back to the story:

So, Honey's guardian mom was so sweet any brought her to the gas station that was right on my way to the event. She had Honey all clean and brushed and even had bows on her ears. She is adorable (Honey). Francie's guardian mom and guardian grandmom came above and beyond to the rescue. They not only brought Francie, they went in and helped me. They stood there hanging on to the leashes and helped me talk to people. I was so not expecting that. Poor Francie was miserable. She is the equivalent of being about three or four months pregnant. She has morning sickness and just was not on top of the world like doods usually are. I ended up sending them all home. Rosie and Honey and I stayed there and worked the crowd. Honey's guardian family came and picked her up right it was time for Rick (he came to join me for dinner) and I to go inside and eat. Some of the event volunteers watched Rosie for us. It was a great time. Rick took pictures with his phone camera but I don't know how to get it to here.

Go vote for me to be a paid blogger for a year. You can vote everyday.

No comments: