Thursday, October 18, 2007

Rosie is in labor

Rosie started looking like she was in labor this morning when I was getting ready for work. I called Teri to have her come check on her every couple of hours or so and let me know.

We had an all-staff meeting at work this afternoon. There must have been at least 40 people there in the dining room. Just as the meeting started and it was quiet, my cell phone rang. My cell phone never rings. It was Teri so I had to run out of the meeting to answer it (good thing I'm a boss). She was just letting me know Rosie is fine and no puppies yet. O.k., just as I got settled back in my spot at the meeting I noticed Velvet was roaming around the dining room looking for me. I tried to very discretely get her attention. That wasn't easy to do and I didn't do a very good job of it. Now that I had sufficiently disrupted the meeting and most eyes were on me and Velvet and not on the speaker, Velvet picks that very moment to go into the kitchen for the very first time ever. I could hear plenty of gasps and giggles as I had to bolt from my spot again and run to retrieve Velvet from the one place in the building in which she is not allowed. Have I mentioned that I am supposed to be a professional and a leader there? Velvet and I left the meeting and hid in my office. I didn't even get in trouble.

No puppies today.

No comments: