Friday, October 12, 2007

Yea! A gross poopy story!

Seriously guys, this is super gross so don't read it if you have a weak stomach.

As usual, Velvet was following me around at work today. As we walked by one of the rooms, a lady was standing in it and called out "hey! hey!". When we stopped and turned toward her she asked "Hey, what's that?" She pointed to something on the floor. As I was walking into her room I quickly noticed a brown puddle on her bed, her pants had a brown stain, and there was a rather unpleasant odor in the room. Um, it really didn't take a close inspection to know what was on the floor. As she was at this time, this lady is typically confused. I couldn't just suggest to her that she go to the bathroom and change her pants. I had to take her by the hands, coax her to follow me to the bathroom, and help her. I was trying to go fast so I could clean the floor of her room before any visitor would happen to walk by and see it. As soon as I could, I slipped out of the bathroom to clean the floor. ooooo, noooo, there was nothing on the floor when I got there. As much as I would love to give my co-workers the benefit of the doubt, I know none of them would have slipped in and cleaned it and slipped back out. Velvet was standing there looking happy. Ooooo nooo, errp, gag, coff, puke! She had poopy breath! Thank goodness, just then one of the nursing assistants came in to take over for me. I hurried Velvet over to make rounds of the different office people who keep treats for her. I wanted to get that taste out of her mouth. First stop was the office manager who gave her a leftover muffin. Next we went to the social workers office. One of them gave her some doggie treats. The other offered breath mints. Velvet would eat them, so I put them in her mouth and held her mouth shut. Ugh! It still didn't help. Later on I ate lunch in the office with the other RNs. For some reason, nobody wanted Velvet sitting by them as they ate.

No comments: