Monday, April 16, 2007

Puppies!

I think I forgot to mention that Chamois came here a couple days ago. She is here to have and raise her pups. She is due on the 20th. Chamois is a Velvet/Koby daughter and is Lacey's littermate.her guardian family calls her Shabbi. She has Velvet's disposition and is one of the sweetest dogs ever. She is going to have some of the best tempered pups. Tucker is the daddy.

Last night I could see that Chamois was going in labor but didn't think she would have them until sometime today. I went to bed but didn't put my earplugs in. At 3:00 a.m. I got up to check on her. She was still acting fine and wagging her tail. Man, I sure didn't feel like wagging my tail when I was in labor. I went back to bed then shortly was awakened by a squeal. I jumped up and ran into the bathroom to find Shabbi standing there looking at a pup that was still enclosed in its sack. She wasn't licking at it or doing anything with it. Thank goodness I'm a light sleeper and thank goodness I wasn't wearing my earplugs. I broke the sack and wiped his mouth, all the while talking calmly to shabbi and encouraging her to take care of her baby. She caught right on. She had five puppies. I still had to break the sacs for all them, but she did everything else and was great. She had four black boys and one black girl. All but one of the pups has a white marking. The girl has the most white.
Tucker's mom was so excited to find out she has grandpuppies. She came over to see them.Jenn, Tucker's guardian mom, is giving her grandpupgirl a kiss.
girl
the 4th born, a boy
Chamois(Shabbi) and Tucker's babies

Dots and Clark, the last 2 of Mera's pups, went to the vet today for a routine check up. They are perfect.

No comments: