Saturday, April 14, 2007

When it rains it pours

So here Mera's pups are, 14 weeks old and still hanging out here without a family to call their own. I get a phone call this afternoon from a family interested in Licorice. Terrific! We talked for awhile and they seem like they will be great puppy family. She is going to submit an application and we are going to talk further after that. Not five minutes after talking to her, someone else called interested in that same puppy. I've learned the hard way not to hold a pup without a deposit, yet the first person had not had time to submit an application so it woulnd't be fair to sell the pup right now. I explain that and talk about the other puppy to him. He said he will contact me this evening to see if they did submit a deposit. So a little later I received the application and called and talked to the family (they had me on speaker phone). I talked about both puppies to them. They are leaning towards Licorice but are happy to see both puppies. We decide to meet halfway between here and Chicago tomorrow. Shortly after that conversation and I received a deposit from them, the other family emailed saying they want Licorice and are ready to pay for him now. I hated telling them to hang on to their money. I'm to contact them tomorrow to let them know which pup for sure the first family chose.

No comments: