Saturday, October 07, 2006

Josie goes home

Josie is so done with her puppies. She has weaned them and doesn't want them to nurse from her anymore. That means she doesn't want to be in the same area with them. She is funny. She wants to go see them, but she wants to be on the other side of the gate. She just checks to make sure they are safe, then trots off. So she is finished with them. She doesn't want to nurse them, doesn't want to play with them or anything. It is time for her to go. Her guardian family was thrilled to bring her home. I gave her a bath this morning and was horrified to find so many mats on her. They weren't there when she came to me. I didn't do a good job keeping her groomed. I have to say though, the mats are on her back legs and I haven't been too anxious to mess with her there. She has been doing the post partum bleeding and discharge so...yuck, of course I haven't wanted to comb back there.

Rosie is such a good girl. She nursed Josie's litter twice today. Da Vinci likes to play with the puppies, and Velvet is good about disciplining them. The pups are going to be just fine.

Louis' family came to visit him today. He is one of Josie's pups.

No comments: