Sunday, October 29, 2006

They better poo gold

Another puppy, Leland, went home today. That leaves poor 'ole Lewis all alone with the babies and the grown ups.

Holly was supposed to come here today and stay until after she has and raises her puppies. Dangit! She isn't pregnant after all. Remember, she had the ultrasound that showed she was having a small litter? Well evidentally it is so small she isn't even showing or anything and she is due in a couple of days. The vet probably just saw the bladder or something and not a puppy. Dangit, and this is her last litter. That is what I get for not doing the progesterone testing on her. I put a time limit in the guardian contract so their obligation wouldn't drag out indefinately. According to her contract, she is to be spayed by Feb '07. Since she has only had one litter, her guardian mom has graciously offered to let me breed her one more time. That is very nice of her. I may take her up on it, but maybe not. I'll have to take inventory of all the dogs (that makes it sound like they are in a closet) and figure the breeding plans for the next two years.

I need a chocolate ALD stud.

Holy cow Batman! I have switched doggie food and have I mentioned how expensive it is? I stopped at the store last week and bought almost $200 worth, thinking it would last a long time. I just stopped in today to get more and it came to $275. That will probably be two weeks worth. It is http://www.naturesvariety.com/ It is good stuff and a great way to feed a raw diet with the convenience of just opening a bag and giving it to them. Jeepers, I guess convenience comes at a price. The bag of dry food is $40 for a 25 pound bag. I can feed them a raw diet from the meat dept of the grocery store for less than that. Well anyway, they give me coupons to give send home with the puppies and it is best to try it before just recommending it to the families.

No comments: