Thursday, October 19, 2006

Surprise! (added something)

Chevy came over at 7:00a.m. again this morning. He and Kami were sure
glad to see each other. Ally was barely out of the driveway when the
happy couple were...uh...coupling. She doesn't yell anymore.

I took Jill to school then ran home and did the usual cleaning routine.

At 1:00 p.m. I took my van to the shop for new brakes and other stuff.

I bet someone filed a complaint with the ILA/ALAA
about me. Oh gee, I wonder who that could have been. Can you hear me
rolling my eyes? No, it wasn't crazy neighbor. This afternoon after I
got back from running errands, someone from the ILA showed up with a
camera and announced that she was here to do a kennel inspection. For
some reason she brought another breeder with her who is not affiliated
with the ILA. So she looked around and took pictures of the stupidest
stuff. That was probably because she had to really stretch it in order
to find something that may be construed as wrong. See, the puppies were
in the house and all nice and clean and warm. The areas they were in
were clean, no poo, they had ample fresh clean food and water, and
fresh bedding. The nighttime area where they sleep was also nice and
clean and cozy with nothing wrong. She took pictures of the area where
the puppies sleep when they are 2 and 3 weeks old. I don't have any
puppies of that age now so that area was not set up at all. I didn't
have
the barricade or heat lamp or anything at all set up. I told her that
but she insisted on taking pictures anyway. Does this mean we will all
have to have every area cleaned and ready to go even when we are months
away from using that area? The next thing she took a picture of was a
hole in the drywall in an area where the puppies do not ever hang out.
Wow. A free home inspection is now a benefit of being a member breeder
of the ILA/ALAA. Someone will now waltz into your home and take
pictures and tell you what you need to fix in your home, even when it
doesn't have anything to do with the puppies. And now get this, this is
the kicker, she took pictures of my couch. Yes...my couch. I had the
couch cover and chair cover off because Chevy and Kami were active. I
even told her that I keep them covered (not that the condition of my
furniture is any of the business of the ILA). I quiver with
anticipation just waiting to see how the pictures of my furniture will
be part of the report. The only reason I can think of why she would
have done that is way back a year or two ago when her daughter was
playing with some of the baby puppies that were 2 or 3 weeks old, one
of them peed on the couch and her daughter wasn't paying attention and
sat in it. Bet I'm the only breeder with baby puppies that pee on
people.
Oh, I almost forgot to mention the yard. It has been raining so much here lately that part of our yard is flooded and really muddy. We had a storm last night that broke some branches off the big tree behind the garage that fell on the old dog house that we never use. I dragged the biggest branch to our burn pile this morning. The inspector focused on the flooded muddy part of the yard. I told her I would never let puppies out in that. She just said "I know" but took pictures of it anyway. She didn't even go over to the separate fenced in area where the puppies hang out when they are outside. So now what? Are we to control the weather? Are we not allowed to have any part of our yard muddy or flooded even when it storms and even though that is not the area the puppies stay when outside?
Unless I missed something, she didn't take pictures of the cute, healthy, clean, and cuddly puppies. Nor did I notice her taking pictures of the area where they were. As I said, the area is/was clean, warm, and cozy with fresh clean food and water. It would seem to me those two things are the most important. Instead, she took picture of:
1) a hole in the drywall behind a door in an area where the puppies don't go
2) my couch with the duct tape, even though it is normally covered and my furniture is none of their business
3) the area where baby puppies stay even though I won't have pups that age for a couple of months so it isn't set up
4) The muddy flooded part of the yard even though: it has been storming, I wouldn't let puppies out in that, that isn't even the area the pups hang out when outside

grrr

It is a good thing not many people read my diary now
that I changed it over to this format, otherwise the ILA people just
might have something to say about this entry.

I had to rush those guys (still haven't figured out why that other breeder came along) out in order to get Bryony to her appointment. After Bry's
appointment and after picking up Jill we were on the way home and I
made a wrong turn. Now I have lived in this town my entire life except
when I was serving in the Navy and when I lived in NY. There is no
valid reason for going the wrong way. Anyway, I found myself driving my
my mother's-in-law office and decided to stop in and say 'hi'. I
haven't done that in years. We were there less than 5 minutes when she
got a call from the retirement community where her father lives. They
told her he is not doing well. Since I am an RN she asked me to go with
her. After a quick assessment I had to gently tell her that he will
likely die and she needed to decide how she wanted to handle it. Wow.

No comments: