Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Gilligan went home today. He is just barely too big for the small crates I keep on hand for shipping. The other day I took him shopping at two different pet supplies stores. Neither place had medium crates. I ended up getting one that will be big enough for him when he is fully grown. So, he will have plenty of room to play on the plane ride home. He had a bath, nails trimmed, ears cleaned, and all brushed out and ready to go this after noon. It seems like everytime I ship a puppy with Continental Airlines, one of the cargo guys takes everything off the top and retapes it. I tried really hard to do a great job to see if he would retape it today. When Gilligan and I got there I took him to the back, gave him a hug and kiss, put him in the crate and weighed him. Then I went back to the front to fill out the paperwork and pay. I was so proud when one of the cargo guys came up front and said to the other guy "I sure wish everybody prepared their crates like that." I finally did it. Oh, I should have taken a picture. Oh well.

All of Mera's puppies have finally gone home. I didn't even keep any of these for breeding. I figured since Chevy and Ruby are from Mera and DaVinci's first litter, I didn't need to keep any of these guys. Oh, I should mention that Gilligan's new family found us through another family. When they were at the soccer field in NJ they saw this cool puppy and talked to his family who gave them my website. Turns out that puppy was Doc, one of Gilligan's littermates!
Doc and Gilligan.

No comments: