Thursday, August 10, 2006

Lovey got spayed today. Poor thing, she is just lying around. The older the pups/dogs are when they are spayed the harder it is on them. The 7 week old pups come home playing like nothing ever happened. Lovey is 16 weeks old. She isn't crying or whining, just walking only a very little and very slowly. She has mostly been just lying around. She had the laser surgery.

Yesterday when I called to schedule Lovey's surgery a new person who I didn't know answered the phone. She said the soonest they could get me in would be Friday or anytime next week. I went ahead and scheduled for Friday and asked if they would call if someone canceled. Not five minutes later she called and said Dr Baker said they could squeeze me today and that I could go ahead and bring the other pup in that afternoon for his physical. It is nice to be so loved. I'm really working on the vets there to get Pennhip certified.

Today I ripped up the hallway carpet and will work on getting all the adhesive off the concrete tomorrow. That is so much work.

My nephew is a professional rodeo guy. He is a bronco rider or bull rider or whatever they are called. He is going to be in the rodeo at the Indiana State Fair this Saturday. I've never seen him work and am so excited to finally be able to watch. He is such a funny kid.

Poor Fubuki the cat is so sad and lonely. Oh, wow, I just realized I forgot to tell you about our really bad day last week. Last Thursday when I was at the vet in the morning my cell phone rang when the tech was out of the room. When I tried to answer it, it flipped shut and hung up. I saw it was Bry and decided just to call her when I was finished up there. Well, poor kid, it turns out she was calling because she had just found her bunny dead on her bed. She lets him run around her room and that is where he was when he died. She said that the day before he wasn't moving much. So, her bunny died. That afternoon I had to take Jolene to the vet because in spite of my syringe feeding her small very frequent meals, she just wasn't getting any better. She hadn't urinated or evacuated her bowels in days. We had to end up putting her to sleep. The vet couldn't find a good easy to get to vein to he put the gas mask on her first so she wouldn't be scared or in pain when he put her to sleep. So sad. We lost two pets in one day. Bryony and I buried them in our back yard.

Jolene the kitty.
MoMo the Bunny.

No comments: