Thursday, August 24, 2006

Louis went home today. That leaves three Duchess/Rusty puppies left. Really, I'm not in any hurry for them to go. They are quiet, not smelly, and so little and cute. If they would just stay out from under our feet. They all had their immunizations today.

Poor little Buddy woke up from his nap screaming as in pain. I gave him some pain medication and will keep giving him some for the next couple of days at least. I hadn't given him any before before he was running around and not showing any signs of pain.

Holly is in heat! She missed on her last cycle so we have to breed her this time. I've been planning all along on breeding her with Koby. Really I'm just not sure that would be best. That would give us an entire litter of black puppies. Black puppies are very cute, I just don't want an entire litter of them. I could breed her with Mars of Sierra Vista, but we did AI with our Rusty last cycle and she didn't get pregnant. I would prefer to do a natural breeding this time. I could see about hiring Jack from Doodle Quest again. He sired her litter before and the puppies are superb. If we did that, we would have to pay a stud fee, do the progesterone testing, and make a couple of trips down there. It would be worth it though. I'll sleep on it.

Look at how well Petula has healed from her spay surgery.
Jill and Petula.

No comments: