Thursday, August 31, 2006

The puppies are doing very well. I just remembered something extremely
important that I forgot to tell you yesterday. When Josie was finished
giving birth I was sitting there with her admiring her puppies and
giving her lots of praise. I picked one of them up and noticed poo on
his little bum. I held his bum up for her to clean and she looked me
steady in the eye for a full three or four seconds and I swear she was
saying "You have got to be kidding...you want me to do what?!" She did
a few tentative licks around the umbilical cord and his boy-part but
kept avoiding the poo. I tried tricking her by scooting his bum to her
tongue but she quit licking for a second and looked at me like "I ate
the placenta,what more do you want? I am style="font-style:italic;">not going there". She did
finally manage to clean it up without throwing up.

The pups are doing really well today. So is Josie. She is turning in to a really good mommy.

src=http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6d611b3127cce8c36d37003d000000016108Qcs2jdw2ag>I
can't see, it's too bright out here.
Yummy chocolate.

Tinkerbelle the mini goldendoodle spent the night at our house last night. Josie was a little grouchy with her at first, then quickly got over it. Tink is really cute and friendly. She is only 20 pounds and she is a year old. Anyway, this morning I took her and DaVinci to the doggie eye doctor. We met Holly and her guardian mom there. DaVinci
totally ignored Holly. That surprised me since she is cycling now. I'm
thinking maybe she isn't ready to mate. After I filled out the
paperwork I walkedDaVinci over to her to say and to see his reaction. Hmmm
, he sniffed and licked. Then he wanted to flirt. Maybe she is ready. I
took her away from her. Do you want to know what he did then? He hiked
his leg and Peed on me. I'm not talking about just a dribble or two. I
mean that he justblatantly peed on me and I felt the need to bathe after that. The good news is that these three don't need glasses.

I took a shower when I got home.

This evening I picked up Chevy, his guardian mom Ally, and Francie's guardian mom Liz (but not Francie).
We went to Holly's house so she and Chevy could get married. They were
not entertaining. They didn't do it. We ended up bringing Holly back
with us. So there we were driving down the busy highway. The three of
us, Liz, Ally, and I talking away ...and Holly and Chevy putting on a
show in the back window. I'm sure the people behind us really
appreciated the entertainment. What could we do? We wanted them to do
it, so we couldn't very well make them stop. They kept starting the act
but he never quite made the connection. We drove around and around to
give them more time, but they just never did.

I dropped those guys off and brought Holly home with me. She and Da Vinci fell in love.

No comments: