Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Charity Event

Da Vinci came over this morning and played. He had his nose up Ashes' butt most of the day. Oh well, at least it was just his nose.

This evening I took Da Vinci and 2 of Rosie's pups, Ernie and Mike, to the Children's Bureau Dave Thomas Celebrity Cook-off and silent Auction. I'm thinking I already told you all about it and about all my stipulations for donating a pup for it, so I will spare you all that now. I brought these three guys just as demonstrations. This was a much bigger and fancier deal than what I thought it was going to be. We were the hit of the evening. All three of my guys did fantastic and each drew their own fans and each had people who wanted to buy them. After several hours I could tell that Da Vinci was getting tired and overwhelmed. He started facing the wall and had his tail pointed down. I thought that was a very nice way of telling me he had enough. I took him out to the van and let him spend the last part of the evening in there by himself. He seemed to appreciate that. The pups did great. They didn't whine or pee or anything. Well, they did pee, but only when someone took them outside to do that. The couple that won the bid for a puppy passed the application and everything. They have always had a dog but their last dog died. They have been thinking of getting another. This was a great way for them to help the Children and to get a great dog all at the same time. They are going to get Mike and have him trained to become a therapy dog. I'm tired, good night.

No comments: