Monday, November 06, 2006

Wham bam...

It was 2:00 a.m. before I got to bed this morning, and before 6:00 when I had to get up.

According to the progesterone testing, today is Mera's peak day for breeding. Mera spent the night so she would be here when Meeko and his guardian family arrived today. They came over around 10:00 a.m. or so. We let Meeko and Mera say hi to each other while we went over to look at Rosie's pupppies.
I handed one of the pups to the mom and, oops yuck, he had some dried
poo on him. I haven't had a chance yet to bathe them
(sigh...remembering the Laaaazy River). I real quick like took one of the pups in my bathroom to give him a bath. When I was just finishing up with him, Meeko's mom came to let me know Meeko and Mera were doing the deed. So I walk in the living room, and where do you think they were? Yup, on the luuuuv couch. That silly Mera. I'll just bet it is a learned behaviour for her now. That is the only place where Da Vinci was able to reach her and now she must think that is where she has to be for it. It was really pretty funny. Meeko is a big boy and he doesn't need the couch to reach her. When they were done, I disinfected
the couch. I don't think I will ever have a cloth couch again. How in
the world could they be sanitary? Sure, not everyone has dogs doing it
on their couch. But still, people sit on them and maybe even put their
feet on them. So,Meeko arrived at 10:00 and was leaving already at
10:30 a.m. He arrived, said hi, did the deed, romped for a minute in
the backyard, licked the top of Mera's head and told her "thank you, bye" and was off.
Yessss....what a good stud boy he is going to be!

No comments: