Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Laaaazy River

Aaahh, today was the best, except for the going home part that came later. I slept in as late as I wanted. It was after 8:00 a.m. before I got up, wow. I spent the entire morning lounging around in my fuzzy purple footie jammies hanging out with my four apartment mates (and Renee when she got around to coming over). So far 3 out the 6 of us has sold a puppy via cell phone and/or computer this weekend. I was not one of them.

This resort has a water park that has a Lazy River in it. Renee and I finally got around to going. As soon as we got there I called the others and strongly advised they come join us. I assured them they did not have to wear bathing suits or get wet. The winning points for them was that we could order food here. Everyone was hungry.
Anyway, Renee and I didn't waste any time checking out the Lazy River. It looked so peaceful and tranquil. One of my very favorite things is just floating on an inner tube and enjoying the sunshine (and not getting wet). So, it took some fancy moves but I managed to get on a tube and on the water without getting wet at all. Aaaahhhhhh...this is the life...just floating along...letting the sun gently wash over us...not a care in the world...aaaahhhhh...perfection....we float around the bend...and what is that sound Renee...do you hear that...what the...OH MY GOSH IT IS A WATERFALL! No...it is right in the middle of the river. Oh we hurry and try to paddle to the side with our hands. Renee managed to get to the side and she reached her hand out to save me. It was all so very dramatic. I managed to grab her fingers and pull over far enough to grab a fern. Ferns don't exactly have branches, but what ever it is ferns have it saved my life because I was able to grab it and pull myself over to to the side. So we kept a hold of the side and inched past the waterfall without getting wet. Whew...glad that is over...now where were we...aaahhhh...back to enjoying peace and tranquility. Hey! Not another waterfall...but...but...that is not fair and it didn't give us enough warning...noooooo...save me Renee....I...can't...make...it...splash splash glug glug. Well, that was invigorating. I went right square under the waterfall and got drenched. Somehow it wasnt' as bad as I thought it would be though. The water wasn't freezing and the sun is warm. I have to keep reminding myself that we aren't in Indiana. Hey, no fair, Renee didn't get sucked under the waterfall, she is dry. humpf! I'll have to try to talk her in to going for another round so I can shove her tube in the current so she can experience the waterfall too. One must get the full experience to thoroughly enjoy it. In the meantime, back to the peace and tranquility. When we rounded another corner there was a young man working there. They had these life guard people stationed here and there to ensure the safety of the guests. So where was my life guard when I was about to get drenched? Renee and I start giving him a hard time about us get getting wet. He made it sound like we were idiots for being surprised that we might get wet while playing in the w-a-t-e-r (that is what he said). Somehow I don't think he caught on that we were only teasing. When we rounded another corner we spotted the others so we got out (without getting wetter).

We found a nice area to lounge and we ordered our food. It seemed to take forever to get there. I only had about another hour before I needed to leave for the airport. Finally it arrived and just as we were getting ready to eat, Diane's phone rang. It was kind of funny. All weekend when someone's phone rang the rest of us would say "oh, maybe she is going to sell a puppy", and we got excited for her. It was neato hanging out with others who know exactly how it is. Our long awaited and expensive food had just arrived but Diane didn't mention it to the caller. She was very happy to talk to her about her puppies. Renee and I were following along. That was pretty funny too. When Diane told the caller "he is 11 weeks old" I leaned over to Renee and pretended to be the caller "what is wrong with him? why is he still there?". Then Diane, who was oblivious to anything else, said to the caller "there is absolutely nothing wrong with him, he just....". Then I leaned over to Renee and we both said at the same time "would you be willing to come down on the price since he is so old?" Yes, of course that was the next question Diane answered for the caller. We couldn't hear the caller but we knew what she was going to say next. See, there are others that live my life. This is the best part of the weekend. Just being with others who understand and know how it is. She likely sold the puppy. That makes just two of who didn't sell one. pout

Whiiiinnneee....I don't wanna go .....

I pried myself from the lounge chair and drove back to the apartment, showered, packed, and drove back to the airport. Yikes, I had to go out of my way to find a gas station to fill up the SUV. I'm running late and I just know I will have some type of problem when I turn in the SUV. Oh man, why did I do this to myself? O.k., I found a gas station, filled up, and found my way to the airport and to the rental return. Wow...no problems at all and it didn't cost anything extra for the SUV. wow. Now, I'm still running late.

I drag my luggage to the terminal and I am faced between using the elavator or the escalator. I figure the escalator must be faster so I climb aboard. Why is this a big deal you may ask? Because it goes up two stories...straight up...no getting off anyplace...just straight up two flights. My hands and feet are sweating for real now just reliving that nightmare. So there I drag my luggage on and go up and up and up and up...I'm a little over half way up...and oooohhhh myyyy goshhhhh...I just know I am going to die...this is it....my luggage is going to pull me backwards and I am going to fall back down the stairs and I am going to be killed...that is it...there is not a doubt in my mind I am going to die right here right now. I try closing my eyes but that makes it worse because I'm afraid I will lose my balance and fall backwards and down the stairs and die. (I have to keep stopping and wiping my hands as I'm writing this). I can't turn around and I can't get off. I just have to stay on until I get to the top and hope I don't trip at the top or get stuck and fall down the stairs and die. I try meditating and repeating to myself that I have never heard of or seen anyone falling down an escalator and dieing. I've never seen anyone falling down an escalator. but...I've never seen anyone getting murdered, never seen anyone get hit by a train, never seen anyone fall off a roof; but I know all those things happen. I was with one of my sisters once when she broke her arm on an escalator. Made it! Whew, I made it and I didn't die. Wow, I had to hurry and walk away from there because I was afraid I would trip or sneeze or somehow my luggage would force me back to there and I would die.

Had to hurry had to hurry I was running late. Whew, the flight was delayed and I was fine. Once on the plane I admit that I looked around for my glasses again. I was sitting in the same seat as before, but not certain it was the same plane. The flight was uneventful, thank goodness.

Ooohhhh man...I lost my van keys. When I got my luggage I ended up taking everything out 2 times looking for my keys. It was 11:00 p.m. or so when I had to end up calling Rick asking him to drive an hour each way to bring my keys. For some reason he didn't act too thrilled to see me when he got here.

I sold a puppy over the weekend and didn't even know it. There is someone I had been talking to about Lewis the Josie/DaVinci pup that is still here. She had submitted an application already but just hadn't been quite ready to commit. When I got home of course I made a bee line to the computer and saw she had sent in payment in full for Lewis. Well how about that. He will go home this week.

The house was not in bad shape at all.

No comments: