Tuesday, November 21, 2006

TV

Da Vinci came over this morning. He, Tinkerbelle, their three puppies, Robbie, Steve, Bryony,
and I went to Indianapolis this morning. We were taped for a little
segment of the news. A reporter called last week (I guess I forgot to
tell you she called when Tinkerbelle had her first puppy) and asked if I
would be willing to sit down and talk to them about designer dogs. That
sent a red flag up and I was really afraid of what their slant would
be. I so did not want to be there and they start blasting me. When she
said she also wanted to talk to a doodle owner I immediately thought of
Beth from IDOG . She is
the one I got the Today Show to send to NY to be on the show with me.
Beth and her husband are terrific. They have trained their dogs to be
search
and recovery dogs a have started the International Doodle Owners group
and have started a non profit Doodle rescue organization. She is the
perfect one to talk about our doodles. I just figured there would be
several people there and I would be able to just sit quietly while the
others did the talking. Ha. Nope, that isn't how it worked. First the
camera man got some footage of all the dogs and puppies. Then he wired
me with a lapel mike and had me sit in a chair with the camera directly
on me. The reporter sat beside the camera out of view. She asked me
questions. I was nervous. Beth had a turn next. She did really well.
Hopefully she will get more airtime. We will be on sometime during the
10:00 p.m. news hour Monday Nov 27th on FOX 59 in Indianapolis.

No comments: