Sunday, November 19, 2006

Wwaaaahhhhhh!!!!!

Rosie's two remaining pups, Robbie and Steve, are getting so big and fat and cute.
src=http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6cf38b3127cce8eb6c68405c200000015108Qcs2jdw2ag>Is
this really Robbie, or a stuffed animal?

src=http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6cf38b3127cce8eb6d157458200000015108Qcs2jdw2ag>Steve
almost looks like a baby Kori.

Party has a new name now. src=http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6cf38b3127cce8eb7802ca43500000016108Qcs2jdw2ag>Do
you think she looks like a "Bessie"? Teri (my sister) thought that name
up. I think it is a good one. Her name is Bessie now. Bessie got a
bath. She played outside much of today and got all dirty. She was so
cute outside. She was jumping around and attacking leaves and sticks
and toys. She had a great time.

O.k., I've been putting off the
dew claws long enough. Finally shortly before midnight I went in to
remove the dew claws - to cut their little toes off - to pull out their
thumbs. Man I hate that, can you tell? I walked in the bathroom
and...oh my gosh....noooooo........ The fourth-born, a little girl, is
dead. Just barely dead but dead all the same. I did CPR, gave
injections of NS and of glucose water. Nothing brought her back around.
I had decided not to keep any of these puppies for breeding, but if I
had I thought this little girl would be the one. I'm not exactly sure
what happened. I noticed all today that something just didn't seem
quite right with her. She had this short little cry and I never saw her
nursing. Her belly was fat like she was nursing fine and I wondered if
I just happened to only go in the bathroom between feedings for her.
Still, I kept telling myself that I needed to keep a closer eye on her.
She is also the one thatTink ignored when first born. This pup is the one that when Liuda happened to check under Tink's tail to make sure everything was fine, she found a pup still enclosed in the sac just lying there. Tink ignored her until I picked her up, broke the sac, cleared the airway, and got her going. Maybe either Tink
knew something was wrong with her and was going to let nature take its
course, or maybe she went without oxygen for too long and was never
quite right. Or, maybeTink layed on her. Who knows, but it is sad.

This really hurts. This makes 4 girls dead and a missed pregnancy all in the past 2 months.

No comments: