Friday, November 10, 2006

Dave Thomas Celebrity Cook-off and silent auction

Did you know November is National
Adoption Month
? The Indiana Children's Bureau is having a Dave
Thomas Celebrity
Cook-Off and silent auction
. When they called to ask if I
would donate a puppy to the auction I felt torn. Of course adoption is
near and dear to us. Yet, the idea of auctioning off a puppy is appalling to me. I listed some strict stipulations and they agreed. These are my requirements:
1)
The winner must undergo the same screening as anyone else. He/she must
fill out an application. I will not give a pup to anyone I don't feel
comfortable with no matter if he/she wins the bid.
2) The pup cannot be a gift for someone else.
3) I will not donate a specific pup to be auctioned off.
4) The winner must be matched to the right pup for them.
5) The winner will not go home with a pup that day. The winner must take his/her time and be adequately prepared before bringing home a pup.

I'm
sure I said other stuff too, but I don't remember. I'm listed here
and even get an extra page here.

No comments: