Saturday, September 16, 2006

Buddy goes home

Bright and early at 7:00 a.m. Chloe came over. She is a little dood I
got from another breeder last year. She is just as sweet, friendly, and
smart as can be. However, she...well she got hit by the uuuugly stick.
Now I shouldn't say that. I take that back. She isn't ugly. She is
loaded with lots of personality. Her mommy loves her dearly. So anyway,
why am I saying all this? Chloe got spayed today. She just didn't make
the Lincoln Manor breeder cut. I think her guardian mom is secretly
glad. Now she gets to keep her pampered little girl and not have
to worry about that guardian or breeding stuff. So she was spayed
today (Chloe, not her mom), released from her guardian contract, and signed over to her
no-longer-a-guardian mom. She
really is cute, just not for a Doodle. She looks like a dachshund mix.
Her neighbor just loves her and wants a dog that looks and acts just
like her. I think I'm feeling guilty for calling her names.

Duchess
was spayed and released from her guardian contract today too. She did a
good job and gave us a litter of cute sweet little puppies. I'm sad
that I won't get to see her again except for at romps. She did not bark
one single bark while at our house this time. Rick and Bryony took
her back home on their way camping this evening. I was so relieved to
not have to make that drive again but sad to see her go.

Buddy
flew home to the Denver area this evening. I used a different airline
this time because my favorites didn't have a direct flight but this one
did. I had to try really hard not to laugh when the cargo guy froze
when I handed him cash. He had to make a phone call to see if he could
take cash. Thank goodness I thought to grab my checkbook right before I
left the house just in case. Turns out he could accept cash. Just
thought that was kind of funny. I was so sad to leave Buddy there. He and
his sister Petula are so different. When I left her at the airport she
was just happy as a clam playing with the bully stick in her crate.
Poor Buddy, I could hear him complaining. He was neither happy, nor a
clam. Have you noticed that my airport entries are not long anymore? Nothing beats experience. I have learned so much the hard way that now I know the little things to do/not to do to avoid problems. Now that I said this, you know something is going to go wrong the next time.

Josie's puppies are growing up so quickly. Today I weighed them and gave them their first dose of deworming medicine. They average 2 pound 6 ounces. The smallest guy is 2 pounds 2 ounces, and the biggest guy is 2 pounds 10 ounces. They toddle around now and are starting to play. They are so cute. This is one of the best looking litters. They all have great coats. There is not an ugly one in the bunch.

2 comments:

Teri.p said...

Chloe is a weener dog.

Jane Holycross said...

Uh! She is not. Mommmmm...make Teri stop calling Chloe names!