Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Liudaless

Today was Liuda's last day working here. Her work visa is expiring. I have so enjoyed having her here helping me. She really loves the puppies and dogs and they love her too. For awhile today we worked together putting the privacy slats in the fence. We just chatted. It is fascinating hearing about her country. Hearing her talk is like listening to an episode of Law and Order, only without the murder and without the lawyers and without the violence and without the arrests and without the police.

This evening I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I walked in to the utility room to find Josie in Rosie's area checking out Rosie's puppies. Rosie was just standing there letting her. I was paralyzed with fear that they were going to get in to a female dog fight. Nope, they were just fine, like old friends. I could just hear them. Rosie: would you like to see my babies? Josie: Oh, yes, you have some very lovely puppies.

Doesn't this puppy look like he is whistling?

No comments: