Monday, September 25, 2006

The new Sally

Rosie has 5 boys and only one survivng girl. Her temporary name was Katie. That is fine for a temp name. However, if we keep her, I don't want her name to be Katie. That is my friend Connie's daughter's name. It would be awkward having a dog with that name. So...I'm changing her name to Sally. That seems a little strange right now, but within a week or two it ought to seem natural. The new Sally isn't thriving very well. I bottle fed her this morning. In a way that was a pain and seemed like it would be easier to just shove a tube down her throat and tube feed her. That isn't really necessary though. She isn't doing that poorly. She just needs a little help. I only did that once today. Several more times I just helped her hang on to the nipple and made sure the others didn't push her off. I think that is better for her than bottle feeding her.

Josie's puppies are starting to eat solid food. They are also playing and wrestling and growling at each other. I had to do a double take today as I was walking by them. One of them was standing in the food dish peeing. It seemed very deliberate. As soon as he was finished he climbed out of the dish. I think he got the food dish confused with the litter box. ick

No comments: