Friday, September 22, 2006

Sally died

The doctor at the veterinary hospital just now called. Sally is dying. She is probably dead by now. Dangit! I got my hopes all up. I just knew she was going to make it. the doctor said it looks like her cord was chewed a bit too close and got infected.

That makes three girls in this litter that have died. There is one girl left and she all of a sudden seems smaller than the others. The others have fat bellies, hers isn't so fat. I just sat back there with her guarding to make sure she didn't get pushed off the nipple. I talked to the doctor and she said to check their temperatures rectally with an electronic thermometer. There is no way. They are too tiny. I just got out the thermometer and it would do damage. She doesn't feel like she has a fever. I will just keep a very close eye on her.

Now what am I going to do? I was planning on donating four of these puppies and keeping two for breeding. I will have to think about this.

Right now I'm going to go watch the end of House.

No comments: