Sunday, September 10, 2006

It's a Doodle Romp Day.

Today was a very full and busy day. I got up early and cleaned both puppy areas. Then gave the Duchess' pups, Buddy and Princessa,
baths. I also had to do Jill's hair. I so did not have time for that.
It takes forever. Here, look at this seemingly simple 'do.Seems like no big deal, right? That took two hours to take the
braids out, wash and condition, comb out, then re braid. When you see
those cute little girls with all the braids sticking out all over, just
know it took a long time. Anyway, I just ended up taking the lazy way
out that I will regret later. I just took down the braids and left her
hair down. Her hair looks cute for a short time when it is down, but man, it
will takeforever to comb out and braid.
Let's see, where were we?
I bathed everybody including Jill and a couple of the new baby puppies,
did Jill's hair... oh yeah, I ran over to pick up Noodles (BrideGroom).Could not get a good picture of BrideGroom.
Mera's family brought
her over.Mera must be getting ready to start her cycle. The other dogs
(including Tucker the red boy) would not leave her bum alone.

I scurried around and made business cards, ironed some transfers on to
T-shirts and bandannas, loaded up the grooming table and some toys and other door prizes to give away.
We
left for Indianapolis for the romp at noon. This is a romp that we are
hosting so we had to be there on time. We got there in time to set up
the grooming table before the first romper, Quincey, arrived. He was
one other one there for about 15 minutes and I was so afraid nobody
else was going to show. I need not have worried. A whole bunch of
people all showed up at the same time. There were several families that
showed up then just to meet me and see our doodles and learn more about
them. I'm afraid I wasn't able to spend as much time with each of them
as I would have liked. The same goes with all the families. I would
have like to have chatted with each of thedood's families a little more.

One
of Holly's pups that we called Jackson and is now called Montana was
there. He is a really big boy. Here is was at the last romp,
before getting shaved down.
and now here he is today. Sometimes adood just needs a good
shave-down. Montana just loves playing with his friend Woody theGoldendoodle. At every romp those two seek each other out and play and wrestle and have a great time. Woody belongs to Carol, from the Zoo.

Do you remember my "decapitated" puppy? He was the one that had a band around his neck that went through the skin.
Bobby then

He is now beautiful and healthy and wonderful. His family named
him Pumpkin because their little boy, Jack, said he is like a 'lil piece of pumpkin pie. Isn't that so sweet?

Coco was there. She is the girl we kept from Zion (Leather) and Bridegroom (Noodles) litter. She lives in a guardian home.
Coco as a baby.

Coco today. She is the one on the left. Tucker (aka Mr Brady, aka
Shawnee) is the one on the right. He is our future stud puppy from
Rosie's litter, Pumpkin's brother.

"Mr Blue Bones" is from Velvet/Koby's 4-5-05 litter.
Here he is as a baby.

His name is Dexter. I have to admit that when he first walked in I
just knew he was a Velvet/Koby puppy, but I didn't recognize just who he was. He is one big beautiful boy.

Here
are three guardian mom, one new mom, plus one prospective mom.
It was great. There were about 25 doods and a bunch of people there. They weren't all there at the same time.
It
was great for me to be able to see the guardian dogs that I don't get
to see that often. I was able to make the sad decision to neuter one of
the boys. Rascal, a Zion/Bridegroom puppy, just doesn't have a great
coat. I love his shape and histemperament is wonderful. However, his
coat is a bit funky looking like Deni and Zion's. A girl can get away
with that, but a stud has to be to die for. The stud has to be able to
correct all the girl's flaws. A good stud will likely father many more
litters than what a single girl will have.

Just as we were
getting ready to leave, a car came zipping up. A family drove all the
way from Chicago to see us. They got stuck in traffic. They ended up
coming back to our house and putting a deposit on a Josie/DaVinci puppy.

After the family left I ran Noodles (BrideGroom) home, and Mera's family came to pick her up.

Oh hey, I almost forgot to mention Tinkerbelle. She is our mini Goldendoodle that lives in a guardian home. Way back a couple of years ago I got this little F4B mini Goldendoodle from Rockytop
in TN. Her name is Bella. I placed Bella in a guardian family, my
friend Connie. Well Connie and her husband decided they wanted to start
breedingGoldendoodles so we worked something out. They ended up getting an F4B mini (17 pound) Goldendoodle stud. They bred them together and I got Tinkerbelle, their puppy girl. Tink
is now a year old and had her health testing done last week. This
morning the vet's office called to let me know the results of thePennhip
. The results are good and that means she can breed next time she comes
in heat. Well, not even three minutes her guardian mom called to report
thatTink just now started her cycle. Wow!

No comments: