Thursday, September 28, 2006

Holly's big news

I'm such a big fat meanie. I had a trade all worked out with another
breeder. She got one of our pups and we were getting one of her pups. I
had the guardian family waiting and everything. They were so excited.
The new pup was coming in a few days. Well,the deal fell through. I had
to call the guardian mom and tell her she wasn't getting the puppy. It
turned out to be her birthday so I said "Happy birthday Rachel, you
can't have your puppy". She may be the guardian mom for New Sally
instead.

Somebody came over today to see Josie's puppies. This
was the first time all the puppies were out running around in the
living room at the same time. Of course one of thempood. Of course we both stepped in it and tracked it.

Holly's
guardian mom just called on their way home from the vet's office. Holly
is pregnant! The vet only saw 2 or 3 pups, so it will be a small
litter. Still, I'm so relieved that she is pregnant. I had psyched
myself up for knowing she wasn't pregnant. I don't know why but I
really didn't think she would get pregnant this time. I had even
started this diary entry this morning by talking about Holly not being
pregnant. Good thing I had saved it as a draft so I could change it.
The guardian contract is up in Feb '07 and she was going to have to be
spayed by then. That means that if she didn't get pregnant this time
that she would have only had one litter. I really don't think I want to
keep a pup from this litter. I want to breedMera with Holly's son, Meeko, and keep a girl from that litter. That will give a Holly girl. I don't know though...we'll just have to wait and see.

New Sally's eyes just now started opening. She is early with that.

No comments: