Saturday, September 23, 2006

Office Space

Josie's puppies are just the cutest ever. Maybe I say that with about every litter, but really, there isn't an ugly one in the bunch. We have a guardian family waiting for the girl we are keeping back.Lily knows she is pretty. The boys are looking especially nice too. I'm sure they would make great studs. As much as I really need a chocolate stud (I don't have one), I really can't afford to keep two out of this litter. Three of Rosie's puppies died. I have committed to donating three of Rosie's pups to be trained to be service dogs. I also committed to donate another pup to The Children's Bureau. I was planning on keeping a male and a female from Rosie's litter to place in guardian. Plus we are keeping one of Josie's females for breeding. Not including the pups that died, that makes 7 puppies we are not getting paid for. We only have 14 puppies now. This is not going to work. What am I going to do? I simply can't donate all those puppies. I will only be able to donate 2 pups and keep back only one of Rosie's for breeding. Maybe I can figure out a way to make it work. No, I just can't. I feel badly about this, but I just can't help it.

Today I collected the DNA samples of Rosie and her puppies. I'm doing a parentage test just to be 100% certain that Meeko didn't sneak in there and sire that white puppy (or any of the others). I'm pretty sure Pepper is the sire of all of them, but just being pretty sure isn't good enough.

I have been watching Rosie's pups like a hawk and freaking out every time one of them so much as twitches in their sleep. I'm just so afraid they are going to die off one by one.

I finally finished ripping up all the living room carpet and painting the floor. I spent the entire morning this morning on my hands and knees scrubbing the floor. It is finally finished. We rearranged the furniture when we moved it back. There are a few minor changes I'd like to make, but for the most part it is finally finished. I'm so excited. We divided the room and I have my own little office space. (I love the movie "Office Space") I'm having fun fixing it up.

Now I see the floor needs another coat of paint....later.

No comments: