Monday, July 10, 2006

Doc, the Mera Puppy, flew home today. Bryony had a choice of either staying home and mowing the yard and doing the dishes, or going with me and helping me. Can you believe that she chose to go with me? Doc was good as gold. He only cried for about 5 1/2 seconds when he first went in the crate in the van. Then he settled down for the ride. He pooed a little bit in the crate and I got some on my hand when I picked him up when we got to the airport. I told Bryony about it and she said "Oh good. Be sure to get it all over their pen at the desk there. You know how people are always chewing on in pens." You'll be glad to know we went straight in to the restroom and I washed the poo off the puppy and off my hand. Since this is the weekend we had to go in the airport terminal to the ticket counter instead of going to the cargo building. I hate going to the ticket counter. We have to park so far away, pay for parking, fight the crowds, the agent people don't know what they are doing, and it takes fooooreverrrrr. Don't get me wrong, the ticket agent chick was very friendly. It is just that she may only deal with shipping a pet once or twice a month, as opposed to the crabby cargo guy who ships about 6 or 8 or so a day. After she got all the paperwork filled out and everything ready, she walked downstairs with us where we had to take Doc and his crate. We had to wait there while some guy in a uniform put on latex gloves and inspected the crate then had us put Doc in the crate. It was so sad leaving him in the crate where we did. It was the very place I left Ellie. I hated it. I don't know what you call that place where we had to leave him. It was the indoor luggage loading dock place. He was in the crate on a dock kind of place (but it was all inside) and Bryony and I stood there watching him as the garage door kind of door slowly lowered until we couldn't see him any more. Bryony just about cried. Doc was a trooper and didn't cry. After we left him we decided to walk back upstairs and go to Starbucks and sit on the floor someplace and play the part of weary travelers. That was cool hanging out with Bry.

Duchess and her puppies are doing well. The puppies are getting big. Well, for being tiny guys they are big. One of these days they may manage to climb out of their box. Here is today's picture.

This picture is cute too.

Aren't they just so cute?

The Professor (a Mera pup) is spending the night in the crate in the living room with Kori tonight. I'll give you the puppy report tomorrow.

Doc's new family called to let us know he made it home safe and sound. Hopefully he will do well in his crate tonight. I always worry about their first night away. I worry they will cry all night and their new family will toss them out on their ears.

I better go let the doods out one last time before going to bed. nite

No comments: