Saturday, July 29, 2006

A Doodle Romp, a Doodle Romp, we went to IDOG's Doodle Romp. It was fun. Velvet and Mera's three pups, Lovey, Gilligan, and The Professor, went with me. Poor Kori had to stay home since she is not a Doodle and I wasn't the host of this romp. Velvet didn't play as much this romp as she did at my romp. The pups had fun. It was good for them to see all those dogs and people. Some of the pigs went too. We stayed about 3 or 4 hours. It is fun talking to all the people and seeing some of my guardian dogs and past puppies. I need to get scheduling my next romp now.

Josie came home with me. Her guardian family is going on vacation so we get to keep her for the week. That will be good for her to get used to being with us. She will be back in just a few weeks to have her babies.

Jolene isn't doing too great. I made some forumula for her and have been syringe feeding her small frequent feedings. I also gave her some SQ fluid injections. If she dies it won't be for my lack of trying to get her healthy again.

Snow the F1 Goldendoodle.
Do you remember Snow's story? No? Well I'll remind you then. Snow is the Goldendoodle I got from a breeder in Tenessee. I paid way extra for her because she (Snow) was supposedly pregnant. She went directly to a guardian home. After she was there a couple of weeks the guardian mom took her in for an ultrasound and to have her hips checked. Not only was she not pregnant, she also didn't pass her hip testing. I must have gotten Snow the day before her breeder fell off the face of this earth. That breeder is nowhere to be found. She no longer has a website or email. That was an expensive lesson. I didn't have a written contract with that person. I have done business with her before and was sorta pleased. I guess I was pleased enough to do business with her again. The guardian mom was so sweet about it. She had Snow spayed and is giving her a forever home. She already has one rescue and has since started breeding. She isn't breeding rescues. She is breeding Australian Multigen Labradoodles. I'll let you know when she gets her website up.

No comments: