Friday, July 07, 2006

Let's see...what all happened today.

Two of Duchess' puppies went to Jill's school for a short visit this morning. They sat in my lap on the way there then rode in the crate in the back on the way back home. One of them cried all the way home. Good thing he isn't too loud yet.

Mera came over this morning. She is spending the day with us. I like her.

A family came to look at Mera's puppies. They are going to get Doc. I think he is a great match for them. He is the one that especially likes water. He digs in the water dish every chance he gets. He is also the biggest puppy. They have a lake very near their house and they plan on teaching him to swim and to fetch in the water. He will also get to go boating with them. Man, boating is one of my very favorite activities but I rarely get to go. This puppy is going to have more fun than me. Oh well, that is what I strive for with my puppies and my children. Anyway, this family is on vacation right now so couldn't take Doc with them. I gave them all the paperwork and stuff and will ship Doc to them on Sunday.

I finished taking Duchess' puppies pictures and updated the website. Here is the girl we are not keeping. Her name is Petula Clark. Remember her? She sang "Downtown". I love that song.

This puppy is really cute. She is Bryony and Jill's favorite in this litter. I don't know. She is cute and all...but she looks like a tiny adult dog instead of a cute little puppy.

Another family came over this evening to look at the puppies. The puppies performed perfectly and the people seemed impressed with them. However, they left with these parting words: "we'll be in touch". Uh huh...I'll never hear from them again.

Mera is going to go ahead and spend the night tonight. She and Kori are having a terrific time together. They are playing and romping and Kori is dragging Mera around by her collar. I had to take the collar off for fear that Kori was going to ruin it.

Rick and I are having a terrible time getting this stupid blog figured out. It is a terrible pain updating it. Since I am hosting it on my own website and not on the blogger website it is a pain to get to publish. It is over my head.
I started a new medication this evening. It will keep the headaches away. I took it before several years ago. It does a terrific job keeping the headaches away, but it makes me stupid. Not really, it exacerbates my expressive aphasia. I have that to an extent anyway, but this medication makes it worse. What that means is sometimes I have a difficult time talking. I can't think of the words I want to say, or I get the words mixed up. Sometimes when I talk, I talk slowly or jumbled and it sounds like I'm on drugs. Really, I don't do drugs, don't drink on the job, and I'm not stupid. Sometimes it just sounds like all the above. That is why I like email so much.

O.k., now to try to get this entry on the website.

3 comments:

Teri.p said...

D'you think maybe it would simplify matters to host the blog on blogger instead of your own site?

Jane Holycross said...

Yeah, but would that mean I'm not as cool?

Teri.p said...

Are you kidding? The only way you're going to reach cooldom is by having doods with pig-with-nipples toys.